Have a rich variety of peperomii outfit and always stand out among the other plants of the original sheet - leathery and shiny, smooth or wrinkled, green or multi-colored. There peperomii with erect, hanging or creeping shoots.
At the time of flowering peperomii over cap leaves numerous towering flower stalks with buds-ears. Different types of inflorescences peperomii different: thick and thin ("rat tails") or loose and broad ("fan", "leech"), often intricately curved. Though small flowers peperomii and tatty, but the plants with buds up aspirants who have contrasting foliage color, look very impressive.
Peperomiya vysokodekorativnyh has many species used for compositional arrangements. This is one of those beautiful and popular plants that florists are happy to include in their collections.
Peperomiya - evergreen perennial herb of the family Pepper with decorative leaves and thickened at the nodes of shoots; height varies from 15 to 50 cm. known about 1000 species peperomii, most of which comes from the tropical regions of Asia and America, where they grow on trees (epiphytes), moss litter in the forest, on the rocks. In a culture peperomii used as Decorative leef plants and grown in a room or in the open ground.
Peperomii extremely varied in shape, size and color of the leaves. There are species with rounded, oblong, lanceolate, heart-shaped leaves - from tiny and delicate to large and fleshy. Leaf color can be light or dark green, brown, olive, gold, silver-striped, with white or yellow spots, stains.
Leaves peperomii often edged; their surface may be smooth or pubescent, as well as rough, wrinkled.
Small white flowers peperomii collected in dense spike or pochatkovidnye inflorescences on long stalks. The well-developed bush usually 10-15 inflorescences. At room conditions the seeds peperomii not ripen.
In Greenhouse-room culture are most often found the following:
- Peperomii silver (P. argyreia) stunted, with a rounded-oval, fleshy, glossy leaves up to 12 cm on the juicy pink-purple stalks. On top of green leaves with wide white-silver stripes between the veins below the pinkish-red. In November and December, the high cylindrical spike-like inflorescences appear small, white flowers with a green tint.
- Peperomii Sanders kind of silver (P. sandersii DC var. Argyreia Hook.) With dense bush; heart-shaped leaves, dark green with silver stripes.
- Peperomii arifoliya (P. arifolia) has oval, strongly pointed leaves with shiny dark green upper side; and there are varieties with silver stripes on the leaves. Prefers moist air.
- Peperomii gray (P. incata) has branched herbaceous stem up to half height. Petiolate leaves round, shoots and leaves gustoopushÑ‘nnye.
- Peperomii magnolielistnaya (P. magnoliifolia) up to 40 cm with dark green, large, dense and thick, shiny leaves. It is very decorative golden variegated form.
- Peperomii Turkterebinth (P. obtusifolia) is hanging naked shoots and elliptical (or obovate) dark green leaves, obtuse at apex, fleshy, thick and leathery. There are several variegated forms, differing in color and shape of the spots (or lanes) on the leaves.
- Peperomii climbing variegated (P. scandens, v. Variegata) with fleshy yellowish-white twigs and small heart-shaped light green leaves.
- Peperomii twisted (P. caperata) forms a graceful, dense, dense shrub up to 15 cm tall. Her small dark green leaves are covered with sinuous folds. There is a variety with leaves belookaymlÑ‘nnymi. Blooms in July-August, forming a plurality of stems with contrasting white ears.
- Peperomii reddish (P. rubella) has silnovetvyaschiesya thin reddish stems and small oblong-ovate leaves - green bottom, and the top reddish.
- Peperomii marble (P. marmorata) forms a low dense bush. Leaves cordate-oval, fleshy, brownish-green or silver-spotted.
- Peperomii spotted (P. maculosa) up to 40 cm, with fleshy brilliant green leaves, almost white at the bottom.
- Peperomii borodatostebelnaya (P. caulibarbis) - hang-downing, with small leaves on numerous shoots. Likes to frequent spraying.
There are many other original species, such peperomiya, whose fleshy leaves turn red with age (P. clusiifolia); peperomiya with fragrant leaves (P. fraseri); peperomiya with extraordinary lanceolate leaves up to 20 cm, and red-brown mottling shoots and stems (P, maculosa), and others.
Peperomiya - quite undemanding plant has been successfully grown in a room with proper care; not tolerate drafts. For peperomii selected a warm place with a bright diffused light or penumbra. Zelenolistnye peperomii less light-requiring, variegated and more demanding to light (for its lack are green), but can not tolerate direct sunlight. Peperomii grow well under artificial light. With a lack of light leaves peperomii lose decorative: become dull, pale.
Peperomii watered regularly and moderately soft, tepid water. Between waterings should be given the soil to dry out (but avoid wilting leaves). Winter peperomii watered less kept at a moderate temperature (18-20 degrees, no lower than 12 degrees; important warm soil). Types peperomii with fleshy leaves tolerate dry air; peperomii with tender leaves need in moist air and frequent spraying.
In a warm room periodically sprayed leaves peperomii from April to September; when the content in the cool winter spraying is undesirable. From excessive watering from too moist air, due to the "cold feet" leaves peperomii lighter, lose their luster, deformed; they may appear moist spots - as a result the leaves fall. Also, from the stagnation of water in the soil leaves, petioles and stems rot (rot spots are covered with gray or pinkish-white bloom - the fungus mycelium); develop root rot.
For growing peperomii selected shallow pots, as the roots have smaller, thin and delicate. At the bottom of the pot have to be one, and preferably several drainage holes; landing arrange high (6 cm) drainage.
Spring or summer young peperomii rolled over annually, plants over three years - two years later. Transplanting old plants held as needed. Substrate should be nutritious and friable: sheet earth, humus, peat and sand (2: 1: 1: 0.5); or: sheet, humus, sod land, peat and sand in equal parts. Planting peperomii in heavy soil leads to root rot.
The tops of the long shoots peperomii spring pinch (to call them branching); "Bald" plant pruned. From April to September peperomii fed complete mineral fertilizer every three weeks.
Propagated peperomii spring or summer - cuttings (apical, stem, leaf), division, seeds. Cuttings taken with 1-3 nodes are planted them in a mixture of peat, turf, leaf soil and sand, spray, placed in a "mini-teplichku" maintain humidity of the substrate. Bushy peperomii propagated by leaf cuttings; Transfer of plants in spring (April) is carried out by dividing the bush reproduction.
Seeds from peperomii small, svetlovskhozhie (no need to sprinkle the ground after planting). They are sown in spring and gently moisturize the crops from a spray; the pot is covered with glass to create a favorable microclimate. Glass daily wipe and turn, winding teplichku; maintain an easy soil moisture. Seedlings appear after 1.5 -2 weeks. Swordplay seedlings carried out one month after germination.
Peperomiya relatively resistant to pests; sometimes it found mealybugs, nematodes.