Tacca is undoubtedly one of the most extraordinary flowering plants!
Know quite a lot of varieties Tuck (at least 30), but most of them are only of interest to collectors. We florist is very popular Tacca holophylla; it is also called "White Bat." Tacca holophylla far exceeds the size of a widespread Tuck Shantre (Tacca chantrieri) and it is easier to culture.
Tacca holophylla (Tacca integrifolia) belongs to the family at Takkovye (Taccaceae), a native of India and Malaysia. It was first described in the early XIX century. The impressive size socket Takki consists of broad glossy leaves (width 35 cm, length 75 cm). This rhizome plant. Many peoples in Africa and South-East Asia consume rhizomes Tucci (after special training) and its fruit.
Type drop-down Flower Tucci is not similar to any other known to you! Perhaps Flower Tucci purpose - to amaze and surprise. Just imagine something outlandish, opened its "wings" on the top of a thin stalk meter!
Flower Tucci is composed of two "curtains" (usually white, with touches of purple), each of which is up to a width of 20 cm. From under these "covered" real flowers peep Tucci like thick purple buttons. And completing this unusual spectacle long (almost 60 cm) threadlike filaments bracts hanging like a huge purple whiskers. Grand ?! - Not a word!
In coloring flower Tucci possible variations: "covers" can be either pure purple, or dazzling white. Sometimes there are white and "cords" -pritsvetniki Tucci.
A few tips.
Pay attention to the size of the pot, where you are going to settle their outlandish beauty. Capacity of the pot should match the size of the root system Tucci. Otherwise substrate waterlogging large volume may provoke the emergence of different Takki rots, capable of hitting both the underground and above-ground parts of it. Most often, primarily affects leaves Takki: they begin blackening at the edges. In such cases, will have to apply fungicides.
Recommended for planting Takki Pot size ranging from 75 mm, then 140, 200, 250 and 300 mm. Using a roomy containers for growing Tucci is not considered appropriate. It is better to remove the plants grown from the pot, cut off the excess part of the roots, separate the kids, put the remaining rhizome back into the pot and fill up in a fresh substrate. Tacca dislikes annual transplant; recommended to do it in two or three years.
In temperate and subtropical latitudes Tacke absolutely necessary dormant period in the winter, and in fact it should have time to prepare. So never handle transplant Tacke, if there is no front left two or three months to warm her successful rooting. Delayed transplantation Takki can lead to the death of her kornevischazimoy.
- For planting Takki need loose, air and water-permeable substrate; the reaction mixture should be slightly acidic. Has worked well for growing Takki following mixture: 60% peat, 30% perlite and 10% vermiculite (amount of perlite in the volume of the substrate can be adjusted to 50%).
- For good growth Tucci is important to keep the substrate moist, but do not fill and does not dry it. In winter, watering Tuck carefully: let the soil dry out slightly in between waterings. Conducted over the summer abundant watering Tucci. Watering Takki similar to watering orchids (phalaenopsis) or Hoya.
-Takka Likes to soak in the warmth (within 30 degrees), but she is afraid to open sun and prefers him shaded place without drafts. One of the most suitable locations for Takki can be such, to get the rays of the setting sun. But in this case it is better to place Tuck the fabric, which absorbs up to 70% of light.
Tacca is suitable for growing in the garden only if you live in the tropics. All other growers recommended to keep Tuck in pot culture. In the summer, if the weather allows, you can use as a container plant Tacca. In winter, the temperature is not recommended content Takki below 18 degrees.
- Despite the fact that Tacca afraid of drafts, it needs good circulation of moist air. Therefore, we recommend the establishment of a regular "fog" around the plant (use a humidifier or hand sprayer). Often the reason for the reluctance Takki blossom and the emergence of pests (spider mites) is the failure of these conditions.
- Pay attention to the application of fertilizers, if you want to get a full bloom Tucci. In fertilizers need high content of phosphoric component. Usefulness of the present irrigation water with a slice of fresh fish - but Tacke-you in this land, and themselves will "not thrilled" by aromas exude liquid obtained:
- Can be propagated vegetatively Tuck not only, but also seeds. Young plants are obtained after micropropagation, start blooming at the age of two years, and seedlings Takki bloom after the age of three.
If you have the skills and flowers - for you will not be difficult to grow takku- "bat." But if you have never, and none of the plants did not grow, and this is your first experience - then it's better to start than with Takki, and with more "docile" representative flora.