Calamondin or tsitrofortunella belongs to the family Rutaceae; his birthplace - South-East Asia. This is a fast-growing and well-branching evergreen tree - a hybrid of tangerine tree with kumquat (fortunelloy). With good care Calamondin blossoms and bears fruit all year round; the size of the fruit depends on the variety. The pulp tsitrofortunelly very acidic and contains many seeds.
Calamondin - a plant of heat, moisture and photophilous. But in the hot tsitrofortunella require shading, as an overabundance of sunlight is harmful to trees. Tsitrofortunellu watering is necessary, when the surface soil dries slightly. Spring and summer tree Calamondin usually fertilize once a week, or - as it is written in the instructions for use feeding.
But tsitrofortunelly is one feature - it is better to feed a tree through the leaves, that is, to carry out top-dressing. In the evening, put the container in the bush Calamondin comfortable place and sprinkle fertilizing under its leaves. In such a state, leave the plant until the morning, and then return it to its original location.
Winter tsitrofortunellu maintained at an air temperature of 14: 16 degrees. Calamondin can withstand a significant drop in temperature - it does not freeze, and at +4 degrees. Necessary to spray tsitrofortunellu water at room temperature.
Closely monitor the condition of trees:
- If Calamondin too hot, then he showered flowers and fruits;
- Leaves may turn yellow tsitrofortunelly due to poor drainage and improper watering;
- If the plant is too pale leaves, then it needs to be fertilized;
- If Calamondin long bloom - maybe he little sun or close roots in a pot made smaller;
- For early flowering Calamondin need pruning in the spring new shoots;
- Do pÑ‘strolistnyh varieties tsitrofortunelly appearance pure white leaves suggests a lack of nitrogen.
Pot in Calamondin should be spacious for its roots need to arrange good drainage. Transplant tsitrofortunellu better in March, using loose fertile land, composed of turf ground and rotted manure with the addition of sand in the ratio (2: 1: 1.4).