Hydrangea (hats, umbrellas, panicle inflorescence).
Hydrangea ... holidaymakers, vacationing on the Black Sea coast, along with other attributes stay often reminded of beautiful parks and gardens, overgrown bushes amazing: they entirely covered so huge, ball-shaped snow-white, pink or blue blooms that these inflorescences appear rather soaring among large leaves with the help of an unknown force, than just hanging on the shoots.
These bushes with incredible blooms seem unattainable dream, and this is hydrangea macrophylla, which can be grown in the garden as an ornamental shrub, and the house as gorshÑ‘chnuyu culture. There are other types of hydrangeas that adorn the gardens and gardeners deserve great attention.
Genus Hydrangea (Hydrangea) contains 35 species originating from South-East Asia, North and South America. This deciduous ornamental shrubs, including lianovidnye, sometimes small trees with large leaves and simple serrated collected in inflorescence abundant, no flavor, flowers of two types: small fruit-bearing - in the middle of the inflorescence, and large - boundary, barren, with 4-5 -lepestkovidnymi sepals. Artificially bred terry completely sterile form with huge buds most delicate colors.
In the culture of the most frequent types of hydrangeas following:
- Hydrangea tree (H. arborescens) from North America up to 3 m tall, with white to 2 cm in diameter flowers, gathered in the flap inflorescences up to 15 cm in diameter; oval leaves reach a length of 20 cm. available decorative shapes with sterile flowers. In the cold winter hydrangea tree periodically freezes, but then quickly recovered in the spring and summer of the same long-lasting blooms until fall. Pruning hydrangeas tree in the beginning of April to the ground "on the stump" keeps hives in good condition.
- Hydrangea macrophylla (H. macrophylla) from China and Japan to 2 m tall, with broadly ovate leaves up to 15 cm. Conventional forms of large-leaved hydrangea flowers are collected in the flap inflorescence diameter of 20 cm, and in sterile form in globular inflorescences up to 30cm in diameter - white, pink or blue. Flowers in July and August. Hydrangea macrophylla thermophilic; temperatures down to 10 degrees is easily tolerated, and in regions with cold climates require shelter for the winter.
Refers to the most common garden plants of the world is grown and how kadochnoe plant; is the initial view for gorshÑ‘chnoy culture. Created many garden forms and varieties of Hydrangea macrophylla, including with belookaymlÑ‘nnoy foliage. Adding to the soil potassium salts or aluminum sulfate produces blue and blue inflorescences Kohler, best of all it fails with some pink varieties.
- Hydrangea paniculata (H. paniculata) from southern Sakhalin, Japan and China. 2-5 meter tall shrub or small tree up to 10 m with a dense crown velvety elliptic leaves up to 15 cm in length. Dense panicles shirokopiramidalnyh inflorescences up to 30 cm in length change color from green to white and pinkish, and then by the end of summer to blÑ‘klo purple.
In bloom in summer to late autumn hydrangea bushes paniculate, entirely covered with beautiful large conical inflorescences solely decorative. Besides - hardiness, fast growth, unpretentiousness (grows well even in polluted cities and marshy soil), durability - make hydrangea paniculata favorite among types of hydrangeas that grow without special care. Has a number of decorative forms, including large-"Grandiflora", which requires severe pruning.
- Hydrangea Bretschneider, or Peking (H. bretschneideri, H. pekinensis) from Northern China with shirokookrugloy crown to 3 m tall. Shrub with hairy reddish-brown stems, bark which peels into thin slices. Dark green, ovate, pubescent below, the leaves reach a length of 12 cm. Wide umbellate inflorescences up to 15 cm in diameter are small fruiting, caducous middle of the flower and rounded edges - dolgotsvetuschie, first white, then gradually to the end of the summer takes on a reddish or purple color .
Blooms profusely from mid-July and August, the shoots for the winter time to fully odrevesnet. Well propagated by seeds. It is the most drought-resistant and cold-resistant species of hydrangeas, which allows it to grow even in the north and the Urals (freeze shoots quickly restored). Shrub Hydrangea Bretschneider also appreciated for compact shape of the bush with vysokodekorativnoy crown, beautiful green leaves, good pobegoobrazovatelnuyu ability, annual abundant flowering. Watering alum gives colors a blue tint.
- Hydrangea petiolate, or climbing (H. petiolaris, H. scandens) from southern Sakhalin, the Kuril Islands, Japan, where it grows as a vine that can be attached to the bark of trees aerial roots and suckers, rising to a height of 25 m, or spread along the in the absence of ground support. On a red-brown shoots attached broadly, long-petiolate leaves - smooth, shiny, dark green with a fine-edge .. White-pink flowers are collected in corymbose inflorescence loose up to 25 cm in diameter. Fertile flowers are fused at the tops quickly deciduous petals, sterile flowers up to 3 cm in diameter are few.
In young specimens the tips of the shoots in the harsh winters can freeze, so they need a lightweight shelter for the winter. As young stemmed hydrangeas during the first years of growth need props, just typing force, they are transformed into powerful plant that can cover large areas on the walls and grates arbors, arches. Chereshkovaya hydrangea can be grown as a shrub up to 2 m tall. Blooms profusely only in open areas, but grows well in the shade; does not need special pruning, thinning is carried out in early spring.
- Hydrangea ashen or gray (H. cinerea) from North America. Shrub up to 2 m, with webbed oval leaves, blooming for several months until late autumn numerous white shields, usually sterile flowers. Endurance and long bloom ashy hydrangea deserve its wide distribution in the gardens as vysokodekorativnoy hedges.
It should be noted that these are quite tall at home hydrangea bushes have a "modest" height in European gardens, in a different climate, but no less beautiful.