Bleeding heart, forming a wonderful courtines of lacy delicate leaves, with gracefully curved, inclined at to the bushes tassels drooping, heart-shaped, flattened tsvetkov- "medallions" are the perfect decoration for the garden. Flower in a heart shape with the bottom part of it ajar and "droplet-slÑ‘zkoy" bleeding heart at the end gave the popular name of "broken heart."
Bleeding heart (Dicentra) - genus in the family dymyankovyh, with about 20 species of low-growing herbaceous perennials or sredneroslye from North America, China and the Far East. Bleeding heart have branched roots, pinnate leaves and small scale, but the charming flowers of unusual shape.
His scientific name of the genus was also due to the shape of the flower - it comes from the Greek words "dis" - and two "kentron" - spur, ie "dvushporets" since the petals of the corolla has two spurs. Fruit of the bleeding heart - a box; seeds produced little sprout and they are very long, which complicates its seed reproduction.
In floriculture most widely following:
- Bleeding heart gorgeous (D. spectabilis) or prominent has a height of 60 cm to a meter. Discontinuous different beautiful bluish-green leaves, which keep the decorative until the autumn, and bright pink flowers (up to 2 cm in diameter) with protruding lower center white petals. Leafy stems, which are located at the top of arched-sided brush with hanging flowers that appear in gorgeous bleeding heart in May-June, while pruning of withered shoots - for the second time in August and September. Distance Entry - 40 cm.
- Exceptional bleeding heart (D. eximia) or excellent height of 20-25 cm has a bluish-green pinnate leaves resembling fern. Pink or purple-red, and in the variety "Alba" pure white flowers appear in May-August; bloom very abundant.
- Beautiful bleeding heart (D. formosa) has a height of 15-30 cm dlinnochereshkovye gentle patterned leaves grayish-green color and numerous small pale pink flowers adorn the plant in June-September.
- Bleeding heart cucullata (D. cucullaria) 15 cm dissolve spring white flowers with yellow tips.
- Canadian bleeding heart (D. canadensis) is the same compact, has white flowers with greenish otttenkom.
Bleeding heart hardy, undemanding to the soil - will approach any well-drained land in the light of the penumbra; and it grows in full sun. Moisture-loving, but can not tolerate standing water in the soil has a bleeding heart easily decaying fleshy roots, so when its landing satisfied with good drainage; bushes watered in dry weather. In the spring the soil around the plant mulch.
Propagated vegetatively bleeding heart (by division, cuttings) and seeds. Division of overgrown bushes spend 2-3 years in the fall, early spring or after flowering, taking care not to damage the fragile roots. Cuttings can be rooting for the summer, but they are slowly taking root. Bleeding heart seeds are sown in the open ground before winter; for spring planting seedlings requires them
As bleeding heart flowering and Decorative leef plants used for garden decoration (in the single crop, when you make mixborders, flower beds, in borders); undersized views are good in rock gardens. Bleeding heart and is suitable for forcing.