Hionodoksa or snow beauty.
Hionodoksa - elegant vesennetsvetuschee plant, while uncommon in Russian gardens. Residents of the mountain villages of Asia Minor called hionodoksu "snowman" or "snowy beauty." And this plant is known to botanists called hionodoksa (Chionodoxa), which in Greek means "the glory of the snow." Low, charming in their grace and heavenly blue hionodoksy meet about melting snows of the mountains, alpine meadows (at 2 km).
Blossoms Beauty-hionodoksa early spring for two weeks. On a thin stalk her peduncle (height up to 15 cm) is located about 10-15 shirokokolokolchatyh looking up flowers (an average diameter of 3 cm). During flowering hionodoks their courtines of several bulbs is like a lush "basket" filled with exquisite flowers and lined with their bright emerald green leaves.
Particularly striking is that such a many-colorful miracle form surprisingly small bulbs. The diameter of the adult bulbs hionodoksy usually up to 2 cm, but even kids bloom diameter of 5 mm! During the season, each bulb hionodoksy forms several subsidiaries bulblets. Usually I do not transplant hionodoksy 5 years - during which time their landing close and thickened.
I dig the bulbs hionodoks after wilting leaves (in June), followed by two days serene dried bulbs in the shade under the bushes currants and sprinkled them torfokroshkoy avoid drying out, keep up landing in wooden boxes. Hionodoksy plant usually on rocky hill, about dwarf shrubs. Place for them choose partial shade - then spring bloom hionodoks be longer. Planting bulbs is carried out in late August and early September, during the formation of their Donets root bead.
Adults hionodoks bulbs planted at a depth of 8 cm, at the same distance between them. Soil for planting bulbils hionodoks made from equal parts of old leaf humus, coarse sand; planting, mulch the old humus. But hionodoksy so unpretentious and unassuming that grow well in any garden soil!
For lovers of exotic melkolukovichnyh Recommend wonderful views:
- Hionodoksu lution (Ch.luciliae) with light blue flower petals and white spot with the center;
- Hionodoksu Nana (Ch. Nana) with bright blue flowers;
- Hionodoksu giant (Ch. Gigantea) with pale blue large flowers;
- Hionodoksu Sardinian (Ch. Sardensis) with 15 bright amethyst flowers, forming a loose brush;
We derive an interesting variety hionodoksy:
- "Alba" (Ch. Gigantea alba) with large pure white flowers;
- Very original "Tserulea" (Ch. Gigantea cerulea) - beginning with snow and blue, then almost white flowers;
- Rare hionodoksa "Specimen" (Chionoscilla x alleni) with blue flowers;
- "Pink Jaintia" (Chionodoxa siehei Pink Giant) with large pale pink flowers;
Hionodoksy very good at waking after winter snow and are exempt from the garden, as well as simple for winter forcing and Women's Day. Small but touching a spring bouquet, composed of delicate multicolored hionodoks, will appeal to anyone who is able to see and appreciate the beauty of nature.